Market Gardening and Life at 7000 ft. in the Rockies of Colorado

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Blues


As the spring equinox approaches, hope for another bottomless powder day starts to fade. While most of the rest of the world is rejoicing at rising temperatures and thawing yards, dreaming of golf games and dirt biking, hard core ski bums across the land slide into a deep funk. Don't get me wrong, I love spring skiing. I can't deny the joy of skiing corn snow in a t-shirt, or how how good PBR tastes after said corn skiing, but these things do signal the beginning of the end. There just aren't words to describe the melancholy that I feel knowing that I'll soon have to wait months for first tracks and face shots. Call me crazy but I just love the snow, the cold, the wind, the winter time. With time the pain will fade to a dull aching, but the longing will never go away.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you love your snow! A lot of us spend time pining for what we don't have. Be content in your own world and space, and you are a happy person. I would possibly freeze to death in your climate, but you do live in a exceptionally beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy, surely do appreciate your comments!